Thursday 22 September 2016

Rosary of the Holy Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ


(or the Chaplet of Mercy, not to be confused with the Chaplet of Divine Mercy) It may be said on the Rosary Beads. On the large beads: Eternal Father, I offer Thee the WOUNDS of Our Lord Jesus Christ -- To heal the wounds of our souls. 300 days indulgence each time On the small beads: My Jesus, pardon and mercy -- Through the merits of Thy HOLY WOUNDS. 300 days indulgence each time Sacred Penitentiary, January 15, 1924. These two invocations were taught by Our Lord to Sr. M. Martha Chambon, deceased, in the Visitation of Chambery, France, March 21, 1907. The Sister received from Our Lord a double "Mission": Constantly to invoke the HOLY WOUNDS herself, and to revive this devotion in the world. Promises of Our Lord to Sr. Mary Martha: "I will grant all that is asked of me by the invocation of My HOLY WOUNDS. You must spread the devotion.